Natural Family Planning Association (NFPA) understands the sensitivity with which your personal information should be handled. NFPA is committed to safeguarding and maintaining your privacy and will therefore use its best efforts to ensure that the information you submit to us is used only for the purposes set forth herein or as otherwise communicated to you at the time you provide us with personal information. Anyone can visit the website without revealing any personal information. At the NFPA website, any personal identifiable information is collected from individuals voluntarily and knowingly.
For the purpose of improving our website content, aggregate information is collected on what pages of the website are visited. No names, email addresses, or other personally identifiable information is collected in this manner. We examine the data for trends and statistics, and then we discard it.
Collection of Personal Information
NFPA collects personal information from you in the following circumstances:
In connection with an application for employment or as a volunteer, candidates are required to submit their education and work experience, name, address, phone and fax number, email or other contact information, previous and current information related to volunteer work, and their preference for the type of work for which they are interested in submitting their application;
In connection with your request for information or assistance in planning and spacing your family naturally NFPA will obtain your name, telephone number, and possibly other contact particulars, as well as information concerning the type of services required, in order to connect you with a teacher from NFPA. NFPA collects data, such as names, addresses, postal codes, email address, etc. to facilitate donations. NFPA information is never sold to or shared with third parties, other than as noted earlier in “Application”.
Users of NFPA will not be solicited (approached for donations and/or participation in other fund raising activities) on the basis of their provision of personal information including names, address or email addresses without their expressed consent.
Personal information is collected by specifically requesting it from you. For example when you sign up for an Introductory Session you will be asked to provide us with certain personal information including: your name, address, telephone number, email address (if available) or other contact particulars.
Use and Disclosure
When the personal information is collected from you, it may be used for one or more of the following purposes:
Personal information will be used only for the purpose for which it was provided, for example, background checks and assessments of volunteers and staff. Where volunteers provide resumes in order to find suitable volunteer opportunities the resumes may be circulated among NFPA directors, board and committee members and staff.
Removal of or Changes to Information
NFPA allows you to change, correct or remove your personal information at any time. If, at any time, you wish to have your personal information removed from our database, if you wish to opt out of receiving any particular communication and/or if you wish to change and/or correct any information which you have previously provided to us, please contact us and we will make the necessary notation, removal, change and/or correction. Our contact particulars are set out below.
Our Privacy Principles
- Identifying Purposes for Collection of Personal Information. We will identify the purposes for which personal information is collected at or before the time the information is collected.
- Obtaining Consent for Collection, Use of Disclosure of Personal Information. We will make a reasonable effort to ensure that you understand how your information is used and disclosed by us. We will not collect, use or disclose your information without your consent, except as permitted or required by law.
- Limited Collection of Personal Information. We will limit the amount and type of information we collect from you. We will only collect information from you as necessary for the purposes that we have identified. We will collect personal information by fair and lawful means.
- Limiting Use, disclosure and Retention of Personal Information. We will only use or disclose your information for the purposes for which it was originally collected, unless you give us your consent to use or disclose it for another purpose. However, under certain exceptional circumstances, we may be permitted or required by law to disclose or use your information without your consent.
- Accuracy of Personal Information. We will strive to keep your information as accurate, complete, current and relevant as necessary. If you identify any errors in your information, please contact us and we will correct the errors.
- Security Safeguards. We will protect your information with safeguards that are appropriate to the sensitivity of the information.
- Openness Concerning Policies and Practices. We are open about the policies and practices that we employ to manage your information, and will provide you with information about these policies and practices in a manner that is easy to understand.
- Access to Personal Information. Upon request, we will advise you what information we have about you, what we are using it for, and to whom it has been disclosed or transferred for processing.
- Challenging Compliance. We will act on any issues you may identify to us with respect to our compliance with this policy and/or our practices relating to the handling of your information.